What's Piggy Paint made of?
- 4 ingredients: water, neem oil, an adhesive (acrylates copolymer), and the relevant colour.
- The colour is a mixture of one or more of the following colourants, depending on the shade: Red 34 Lake, ultramarines, iron oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, red 28, yellow 10, violet 2, zinc sulfide/copper, copper flake, orange 5, and red 22*
How does Piggy Paint compare to traditional nail polishes?
Piggy Paint and SOPHi are at the very top of the EWG list of safest nail polishes. With only 4 ingredients, they omit 10s of chemicals other brands include.
Source: Piggy Paint, Boots.ie.
How to apply Piggy Paint?
Wash hands with soap and water, then 3 easy steps:
- Apply polish; now set a timer and
- Air-dry 60 seconds; then
- Blow-dry 60 seconds (warm heat, low-speed**).
...and you’re done, with gorgeous nails! Repeat the 3 steps for any further coats.
Up your glam with Basecoat & Sealer and Shine Topcoat!
What's Miss Nella made of?
- 14 ingredients: water, Polyurethane-61, Ppg-2 Methyl Ether, Silica, Disiloxane, Peg-150/Decyl Alcohol/Smdi Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Bentonite, Ammonium Hydroxyde, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopherol, colour
- As with Piggy Paint, the colour is a mixture of FDA-approved colourants for the given shade
How to use Miss Nella?
- Paint it on, wait 60 seconds for it to air-dry
- When you're ready for a change, peel it away at the edge. If you painted it on thick, it'll come away as a single sheet. If you painted it thin. It's quick and easy!
* The 'glitter' Piggy Paints also contain plastic (polyester) glitter, but given how bad plastic glitter is for the environment, we don't stock those in Ireland.
** Follow hair dryer manufacturer instructions and always monitor your child.
*** essie 6 Ballet Slippers Sheer Pink Nail Polish