Piggy Paint #1 safest of any nail polish and biodegradable
Piggy Paint is the #1 safest of any nail polish. Water-based with just 4 ingredients, it's solvent-free and odourless. But the really exciting thing is, blow for 60 seconds with a warm hairdryer and it'll last like a traditional polish! Recommended by Kourtney Kardashian, ELLE, TeenVogue and a host of others.
What it contains:
- Polish: 1 bottle with in-built kiddie-sized applicator: 0.5 fl oz / 15 ml
- Remover: 1 bottle 4 fl oz / 118 ml
Feel great about where it comes from:
- What's it made from?
- Polish: Water, acrylates copolymer, neem oil, shade-specific natural pigment(s)/shimmer (all listed in footnote).
- Remover: Corn alcohol (ethyl alcohol), aloe vera, vitamin E, embittering agent
- Organic? Not yet!
- Manufactured in EU? Not yet! - USA
- What's it packaged in?
- Polish: Glass jar with polypropylene (PP - highly-recyclable plastic) cap/applicator
- Remover: HDPE bottle (recyclable)
- Shipping packaging from Piggy Paint UK to us: Cardboard and paper only, no plastic (they started using shredded paper instead of bubblewrap at our request - yay!)
- Plastic-free? Not yet - the polish cap/applicator, and remover bottle, are plastic
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? Not yet!
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- The American EWG rates Piggy Paint the #1 safest nail polish - see its list of nail polishes here - the first few pages are almost entirely Piggy Paint and its adult line SOPHi - and all the polishes we stock are rated '1-2' (lowest risk)
- Great for ages: Safe for adults or children to use on people of all ages. It is even safe to paint your baby or toddler’s piggies. Also, safe to use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Shelf life: Several years
- Awards: Recommended by Kourtney Kardashian, the ACE Family, Mila Stauffer, and a long list of magazines and blogs including Elle, OK!, Woman's World, Teen Vogue, US Weekly, Delicious, Family Fun, Whole Living, Parents, Nails, Bop, Parenting, Southern Lady, iVillage, Nickelodeon Parents Connect, ediTORIal, Pregnancy & Newborn, ecomom, People Moms & Babies, Daily Candy, Real Simple, Glam.com, seventeen, the Stir
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Replace plastic in bottles with more sustainable material; manufacture in EU; organic raw materials
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Polish is biodegradable; we're not sure about compostable yet. Containers are not biodegradable
- Reusable refillable? We hope to offer refills soon
- Recyclable? Yes
Tips for use:
- If you'd like the polish to last, set a timer and blow with a hairdryer (medium heat and speed) for 60 seconds
- For salon-quality glam, use Basecoat, then coloured polish, then Topcoat, then Sealer
- The remover is safe and healthy, not fast (so far, one cannot have both!), so tip some remover onto a cloth and soak your little one's nails for a minute before rubbing the polish off
* Colorants/shimmers (different selection used to create each shade): red 34 lake, ultramarines, iron oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, red 28, yellow 10, violet 2, zinc sulfide/copper, copper flake, orange 5, and red 22